We want you to come and relax, learn, be outside and enjoy all the health and well being benefits that come with getting involved on the farm.
Our unique and diverse courses and classes are designed to enhance your physical and mental well being, your understanding of growing ethical food, and ways to live more sustainably and in harmony with nature around us. Set on our beautiful off-grid, no meat smallholding in the heart of the Tud Valley, you can take part in a unique one day smallholders course, or classes in how to sharpen and maintain your own garden tools, or how to fix and maintain your own lawn mower. You could come along to one of our FREE community growing days that we run once a month from April or book onto one of our holistic classes set in nature, or book onto one of our holistic nature therapy classes. And more will be coming soon!
Smallholder's Course - 1 day for beginners
10am - 5pm at Longwater Farm
Lunch and refreshments provided
Set in the heart of the beautiful Tud Valley in Norfolk, Longwater Farm is offering a unique one day smallholders course for people who have been dreaming about, planning or have just started a smallholding. If you're just getting going, or want to explore the smallholding world more, either for your own personal enjoyment or with a mind to start your own business, this is the perfect day course for you!
The course has been developed and is led by our experienced founder and farm manager, who will be taking you through an incredible day of learning while experiencing life on an active smallholding.
We want you to ask questions, debate the issues around ethical farming, and get as much out of the day as you can. Be prepared to get your hands dirty and get sheep cuddles too! We want you to leave Longwater Farm feeling confident and ready to start your smallholding dream.
By taking part in this course you will:
- Learn about where to start and who can help; what are the rules, do's and don't's of getting up and running
- What to be aware of whether you're buying or renting land and how to make this as simple a process as possible
- Guidance to help you avoid common pitfalls, including planning information
- Have a look at a variety of different types of holdings you can set up, how to plan ahead and create an income
- Get to grips with the vital elements that your holding will need such as irrigation, soil health and land management
- You'll get to explore the farm, meet the animals, and explore what it means to farm sustainably and ethically
- You'll go home with a start up pack with all the info covered to help you get planning and a planning template, along with a comprehensive list of important contacts, organisations and government offices
- A chance to ask questions of our resident expert who has been the drive behind setting up the holding, securing funding to purchase the land, set up the business, carried out the successful planning application that secured our place as a community and education farm, secured lottery funding and much more.
- Ongoing support via email or phone for future questions.
- And you'll leave with full tummies with lunch provided using farm and local ingredients, and cream tea at the end of the day before you head off home.
2019 COURSE DATES:
Saturday 22 June 2019
Saturday 27 July 2019
Friday 23 August 2019
Saturday 28 September 2019
2020 COURSE DATES:
HOW TO BOOK:
Please use our online booking form, follow the instructions and be sure to read the terms and conditions.
IS THIS A GIFT FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL?
If you are buying a place on this course as a gift for a loved one, please fill in the booking form and let us know the details in the extra information section, and we can arrange for a card to be sent with a ticket for the day.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The full terms and conditions of booking onto and attending one of our courses or classes is on the booking form and must be read and agreed to before booking can be completed.
Please don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com